Sunday, October 21, 2012

Since there's a a week and a half until Halloween, I thought it was time to carve up a pumpkin! Everytime I do, I think of Linus in "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown" shouting, "Oh! You didn't tell me you were gonna kill it!" to Lucy. Now, speaking of that, I want to watch it! It's always a must watch for me around this time :)

I was all ready to carve a cat's face into it, and at the last second, I changed my mind. I'm glad I did! I think it came out great, and it just shows my love for horses :)


The pumpkin I carved was unique. It still has a lot of green on it except the one patch of all orange where I carved the horse. And it was really tough to get the pieces out after I cut the outline of it. If you look closely, you can see that its still green on the inside of the pumpkin too.  Because of all the small pieces, this thing took me almost 2 hours to do. It's a good thing I don't mind pumpkin carving!





Our mum used to be orange, but it turned yellow and is still as gorgeous as ever!



I hope you found time this weekend for a fun Fall activity! Did you do pumpkin carving like me? If so, what'd you carve into yours?

ERW

0 comments: