Friday, July 13, 2012

Howdy!

TGIF, right?!

My whole family is thinking that because TODAY is THE day that Mike is heading home from the Middle East!!!!!

As I type this, he is now already in Greece. He's pretty much taking the same route home that he took to get to the Middle East. Tomorrow they'll be in Scotland (SO jealous right now!), the next day Canada (also jealous because I love Canada too :]), and he'll be home on Monday!!! whoop, whoop!

I know a certain lady by the name of Sarah who is ecstatic to have him back! ;) We all are! So please keep him in your prayers this weekend that he'll make it back safely.

Well, our family just took a vote: we're going to Gettysburg labor day weekend!!! :D If you haven't known me for that long, you just won't understand how excited I am to go back! Growing up, we would go to Gettysburg EVERY summer! I've been there so much that it's practically my second home (besides Word of Life, that is). I know more about the battle of Gettysburg than any other Civil War battle. And even though I already have 2,700 pictures of Gettysburg, I always take 270 more when we go back :) well, I've got a newer, better camera this time around, so I'm probably going to take A LOT! so, just warning you! haha...I'll probably just dedicate a post to a bunch of the good pictures I've taken. Gettysburg, the military park and the town, are so photogenic. Don't believe me? Then let me show you with some pictures I've taken there in past years...




These next four are of a Confederate encampment that was by Spangler's Spring. They had all their tents set up, a surgery area, a clothes washing area, and they even got in formation and shot their rifles! It was awesome! Oh, and I edited the pictures to make them look like Civil War era pictures :)






South & Baltimore...just some of the many streets we walk down in town.


I always have to get a sunset picture on top of Little Round Top :) It such a great way to end the day and the view is awesome! I edited this one with words. It's a quote from Col. Vincent, who was one of the Union officers to defend Little Round Top from the Confederates. "Don't give them an inch!", he said. And lucky for us, they didn't :) The statue in the picture isn't Col. Vincent, but Brigadier General Gouverneur Warren, who warned the rest of the Union army that the Confederates were advancing towards Little Round Top. If he wasn't there, then the Confederates probably would've gotten that ground. During, the Civil War, if you had the high ground, you had a better chance of winning.
but, enough of the history lesson ;)


another beautiful sunset shot on top Little Round Top.

Have a great weekend! Stay cool! :{D

ERW

0 comments: