Saturday, October 15, 2011




This is my absolute favorite picture ever of my cat, Barkley. I took it in November of 2009. 1st day of November, actually. Our yard looked so cool with all the fallen yellow leaves, and I still can't believe she actually looked up and kept looking up so I could take this beauty of a picture!





  Here's a better shot of all the leaves. This is probably my 2nd favorite picture with my cat in it. At our house, the leaves don't hit their peak until the end of October. I'm kinda glad, though. Most people's trees in their yards have already passed their peak a few weeks back and have already raked and bagged the leaves up, while on 103 East Street we're just getting a taste of Autumn's amazing colors. Now, Barkley is getting way up there in age. She's 16 now, and even though 16 is only the beginning of life for humans, it's been a good long life for a cat. She doesn't do too much walking anymore because a few years back, she came home with a terrible limp after being gone for almost 2 days. Not sure how it happened either. It could've been that she got clipped by a car, got in a fight with another animal, or got stuck while climbing a tree. We had to bring the poor thing to the animal hospital and everything. So it was pretty much a miracle that she was actually walking around our backyard! Kudos to Homestead Animal Hospital for taking care of Barkley! If you have pets who may need medical or surgical attention and live in my area, check out their website >>>HERE<<<


I love my backyard. :)

Song of the day: "Raise Your Glass" -from the "Glee Presents: the Warblers" CD

ERW

P.S.- If you want to see that 1st picture and 2 others of mine at a photo fair, then come to Oakwood Christian School on November 18th from 5pm-7pm. There's a talent show that starts at 7pm, if you feel like sticking around :) it's always a hilarious seeing what the students will do. Every time I go, I always laugh.
here's the link if you want to visit the school website...OCS




0 comments: