Sunday, October 16, 2011

The Dick Van Dyke Show

Dick Van Dyke does his unforgettable stumble over the ottoman.

One of my favorite TV shows.
Whenever we watch it, my Dad says, "Now here's a good show that you could actually watch."
Me and my family like a lot of the older TV shows: Andy Griffith Show, Leave It to Beaver, The Honeymooners, Emergency, Star Trek (the original show), Bonanza, The Rifleman, Gunsmoke, The Big Valley, The Waltons, Little House on the Prairie.

There's something about TDVDS that tops all of them. Well, one of them is Dick Van Dyke, himself. He's one of my favorite actors. Mary Tyler Moore also stood out because she was the first woman to wear pants on a TV show. You go, Mary!
Another thing that makes it so funny is that you barely see their son, Ritchie. He's either in his room or over at the neighbor's house! haha...its like they don't have a son at all!
I love the witty banter between DVD's character Rob's co-workers, Sally and Buddy, how Buddy always insults Mel, one of their bosses, and how the big wig boss Alan tells Mel to always "Shut up, Mel!" no matter what he says!
What gets me every time is when he trips over the ottoman in the opening credits. I laugh. Every. Time. Without fail.

Favorite episodes (so far): It May Look Like A Walnut, That's My Boy?


from "It May Look Like A Walnut"

from "It May Look Like A Walnut"

Mary Tyler Moore, Dick Van Dyke, and Larry Matthews
"The Petrie's"


Richard Deacon (Mel), Rose Marie (Sally), Morey Amsterdam (Buddy),
Mary Tyler Moore (Laura), Dick Van Dyke (Rob)

One of these days, you have to sit down and watch an episode of the Dick Van Dyke Show...
...and I dare you to watch just one episode ;) it's that funny!

ERW

Song of the day: Mayberry by Rascal Flatts

0 comments: