Friday, November 25, 2011

Turkeys can trot?

First thing on the agenda every Thanksgiving morning now since 2007 is the annual Troy Turkey Trot! Are you all wondering if I ran it??

*Laughs uncontrollably for a few seconds*

No way! But every year I go to it to cheer on my brothers and brother-in-law, I always say I want to run it next year. Who knows, maybe one of these Thanksgivings I will, then I won't feel so guilty about eating a big turkey dinner!


Here's the crew! This is before the race. That's why they're so happy! You can see how high my brothers number is for the 5k (3.1 miles). We saw numbers up near the 7,000s! and there was also a 1 mile fun walk before the 5k and a 10k (6.2 miles) after the 5k, so I'm guessing there was close to 10,000 people who participated in the walk and races and thousands more who cheered on the runners! It took almost 5 minutes for all the runners to get across the starting line! That's how packed it was!




I was only able to find my younger brother, Dave as he made it to the finish line. He's right in the middle with the gray shirt and blue pants. He ran the 5k in a tad over 28 minutes! He thought it took him 4 minutes longer! Nice surprise for him! :) 









ERW

Song of the day: Every Christmas-y song!

0 comments: