Friday, November 4, 2011

"Yo ho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me.
We pillage plunder, we rifle and loot.
Drink up me 'earties, yo ho.
We kidnap and ravage and don't give a hoot.
Drink up me 'earties, yo ho.

Yo ho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me.
We extort and pilfer, we filch and sack.
Drink up me 'earties, yo ho.
Maraud and embezzle and even highjack.
Drink up me 'earties, yo ho.

Yo ho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me.
We kindle and char and in flame and ignite.
Drink up me 'earties, yo ho.
We burn up the city, we're really a fright.
Drink up me 'earties, yo ho.

We're rascals and scoundrels, we're villians and knaves.
Drink up me 'earties, yo ho.
We're devils and black sheep, we're really bad eggs.
Drink up me 'earties, yo ho.

We're beggars and blighters and ne'er do-well cads,
Drink up me 'earties, yo ho.
Aye, but we're loved by our mommies and dads,
Drink up me 'earties, yo ho.
Yo ho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me."


Geez Louis, I didn't know that the Pirate song was *that* long!
Anyway, on Halloween, my church hosted their 2nd annual "Trunk or Treat" event, and this year I dressed up as a pirate and had chocolate "coins" to hand out to a lot of the kids! they loved taking the candy from the treasure chest!





One of my closest friends, Bethany and her hubby came as Cosmo and Wanda from the Fairly Odd Parents! As you can see, she went all out in the hair department! Love ya sis!







Aaaand there's Cosmo (aka Michael)! They decorated their car as Timmy's room. You can kind of see Timmy in there. Bethany drew him, and I say, bravo! looks just like him! I should've taken a picture of the other side of the trunk because she drew Cosmo and Wanda as their goldfish doubles and tape them on the outside of a fish bowl, and had the candy in the fishbowl! so creative!















There's meself...Arrgh!




















This was the best pirate face I could muster. You'd think I'd have a better one after watching the Pirates movies 27 zillion times...oh well. Don'tcha just love those pirate boots though? I have black boots and borrowed a pair of pirate boot extensions, and voila! Instantly made me feel like Jack Sparrow...sorry, sorry...*Captain* Jack Sparrow. :D












Belle, Cinderella, Pocahontas, and the mysterious pirate! Notice Cinderella is wearing jogging shoes. She finally realized it's easier to run in shoes that aren't made of glass! ;)










A pirate and her trunk.
Like my skull and crossbones pumpkin?
And on the left is an old-fashioned lantern my family got in Gettysburg. It seemed to fit perfect with my theme! Everyone else thought so too! They all kept asking me where I got it!










My sister dressed up as and old man and dressed up Elise as the cutest butterfly I've ever seen! :)














My second cousins, Brendan (on the right) and Connor (on the left) were firefighter, and Madeline was Little Red Riding Hood! They are so cute! Love 'em!







I wish I had taken more pictures but I was so busy making sure the kids didn't take two handfuls of candy!

There was an amazing turnout this year! And I was so blessed to be a part of it! If your church is thinking about hosting a trunk of treat event, just google it! there's tons of info online! and great trunk decorating ideas too!

ERW

Song of the day: "Perfect" by Hedley

Prayer Requests: Mary and the rest of the Guiltbeault family

0 comments: