Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Christmas season is in full swing! Most radio stations and TV channels have already been playing Christmas music and movies for a good 2-2 and a half weeks now. Is it only ridiculous to me??? I admit I did listen to smidge of Christmas music on the radio a few weeks back, but thats because I was so shocked it was really on the radio so I had to listen for a minute or two...or ten, to know if I was hearing right. And I was...


Anywho...I normally don't start listening to Christmas music until the day after Thanksgiving and thats pretty much all I listen to until the 25th...except when there's a commercial I'll switch back to Air 1, my favorite station!


I know you're just dying to see what my favorite Christmas hymns and songs are or else you wouldn't have kept reading...because you knew this was coming, right?


Christmas Hymns


1. Do You Hear What I Hear?
2. O Come, O Come Emmanuel
3. O Holy Night
4. What Child is This?
5. Go Tell It on The Mountain (NeedtoBreathe version)
6. It Came Upon a Midnight Clear
7. O Little Town of Bethlehem
8. God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen
9. O Come All Ye Faithful
10. The First Noel


I'm not exactly sure if #1 is considered a "hymn" but in my book, any Christmas song that sings about Jesus' birth is a "hymn". So there...


Christmas songs


1. What Christmas Means to Me
2. Carol of the Bells
3. ChristmasTime is Here
4. Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree
5.Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas
6. Jingle Bell Rock
7. Let it Snow (Michael Buble version....*sigh*)
8. Believe (sung by Josh Groban in the movie "The Polar Express)
9. When Christmas Comes to Town (another song in the "The Polar Express)
10. Baby, It's Cold Outside






If there's any Christmas album I'd suggest, it's Michael Buble's....I don't have it, but I've heard many of the songs on the radio, and every one is amazing! Frank Sinatra, you'd be proud!


Enjoy the tunes this Christmas season!


ERW

0 comments: