Saturday, June 16, 2012

How do I know it's officially summer?

Easy...because camp is starting up at Word of Life!

All of the staff arrived yesterday, and I'm getting up there tomorrow afternoon :)

This year flew by! I feel like camp just ended! I'm so excited to get up there and see all my friends and meet some new ones.
I have a feeling it's going to be an epic summer! I say that every summer, but this summer feels different, like a good different, because I think there will be many newcomers, both staff and camper, and the campground has also gotten a facelift in some areas (i.e. the dining hall extension and the "Sandlot" style backfence at Papa Joe's softball field).




It's lookin pretty awesome!

I will be up there all next week helping out and training the newbies in the kitchen with the wonderful Blucher Chacon and Mike Parker! So that means this will be my last post for a while...

The funny thing is that technically I'm on "vacation" but that'll involve me getting up early every day and working all day! So it's really just another work week...and it's supposed to be HOT next week! But we'll all have a blast! At least I'll be somewhere other than home...it's gonna be so nice having a change of scenery!

So all you Dads out there, have a happy Father's day! Kick back and relax...especially my Dad! He does so much for our family. We're having a cookout at my sister's tomorrow. Ya gotta love summer cookouts! Watermelons gonna be there, so you can bet I will be too ;) (don't worry, I'm not *just* showing up for the watermelon ;) 

Oh, if y'all think of it, just keep me in your prayers tomorrow as I head up to WOL. For safe travels and that my car will make it up there okay. I think it will, but hey, you never know...

Happy weekend, y'all!
Here's to summertime...

ERW

0 comments: