Saturday, May 5, 2012

Mike is now on his way to his deployment. I'd tell you where, but for security reasons and that this is the internet and anyone can access my blog, I won't reveal where. He'll only be gone a few months, so I think that's why the mood was so light as we waited with him before his plane took off.

Of course, when we said to goodbye to him, we were all sad. Sad to see him go, but so proud of him for his courage to *volunteer* for this deployment! I've got a pretty cool big brother :]

Godspeed, Mike! See you soon!


Elise's face! haha


Elise, Mike, and me


Laura, Elise, Mike, and me


All of the Wallace siblings: Laura, Mike, me, Dave + Elise (who was getting tired by then)...and somebody pointed out that we were standing in order of oldest to youngest! didn't plan that! haha


Mike and Sarah





Mike's plane on the right.



^^I love this picture! I don't know any of these people, but it's awesome to see them taking off to serve our country!



Elise had fun playing with toys from a toy kit they were handing out to little kids.


She loves Brisky Bear and Trooper Dog :]



Laura loves Trooper Dog too! It kept Elise entertained haha

That was our morning in pictures. I almost forgot to take some too...

I also took a video of the plane flying over us. it was pretty sweet! check it out below!




To end this post, I just ask that you keep Mike and his unit in your prayers, that they would be safe where they're going, and that they would be able to effectively do their job, and come home safely!

Proud to be an Air Force Sister!

ERW

song of the day - The Air Force Song

"Off we go into the wild blue yonder,
Climbing high into the sun;
Here they come zooming to meet our thunder,
At 'em boys, Give 'er the gun! (Give 'er the gun now!)
Down we dive, spouting our flame from under,
Off with one helluva roar!
We live in fame or go down in flame.
Hey! Nothing'll stop the U.S. Air Force!"

0 comments: