Monday, May 28, 2012

Happy Memorial Day!




Thank you to all of those who paid the ultimate sacrifice to keep our country free, and thank you to all the families who unselfishly let them go. Freedom isn't free. So today, in the midst of your barbeques, pool parties, and camping trips, just take a moment and silently honor the fallen. Also pray for the families that have lost loved ones, or families who are waiting and praying for their safe return home.

One of my relatives said that she used to be anti-war, but that didn't mean she disliked soldiers. It was the war that she disliked. Her husband actually used to serve in the military, so it's a good thing she didn't dislike soldiers! ;) haha.

Of course, I'm thinking of my brother, Mike, over in the Middle East. I don't know if I ever mentioned this, but he volunteered to go over. Volunteered! Pretty mind-blowing when you think about it. He didn't have to go over, but he stepped up to the plate and said yes! And if you're reading this Mike, THANK YOU FOR SERVING!!! Love you and miss you, but I'm sure we'll be skyping again soon!

And for all that I know that are serving, but just can't recall you name, THANK YOU! Your service is not forgotten!



ERW

"And I'm proud to be an American,
where at least I know I'm free.
And I won't forget the men who died,
who gave that life to me,
And I proudly stand up next to you
And defend Her still today,
'Cause there ain't no doubt I love this land,
God Bless the USA!"

0 comments: